Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 9 - A picture of the person who's gotten you through the most

This one made me think a bit.  I could put a picture of my folks, my sister, my husband, but really, when I sit down and really think about it, there is only one person who I really rely on and trust implicitly...


This made me a little sad to think that I genuinely find I'm the one to get me through the good and the bad times of my life.  But on reflection, I'm also proud of the toughness, resilience, flexibility and positivity that I bring to my own life.  Yep, I have my lows, yes, I sometimes struggle with my capability, self-belief and negative thoughts, but ultimately, I muddle through, I'm stronger as a result and I just keep on keeping on.

I love my own company, I'm comfortable in my own skin and I like the person I am most of the time.  And when I find I don't like the person I am, I make a genuine effort to change.

I have found however, that as I grow older, I am learning to lean on my friends, to trust in them and allow myself to build friendships that I have not allowed before.  In fact, some of my closest (and dearest) friends are the ones I've only known for a short time.  They know who they are.  They know what they mean to me (or at least I hope they do - lord knows I tell them often enough when we've had a few drinks).

So ladies - tonight I raise my glass to you all.  Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment