Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

In 1999, Brendon and I travelled to the UK when he was selected to play indoor cricket at the national level.  For both of us it was a dream come true - for Bren because he was playing for Australia, and for me because I have long had a fascination with England. 

I made lists and lists of things to see, planned my itinerary to get to as many of the sights as possible and made it to just about everything.  Tower of London, Warwick Castle, Westminster Abbey, Bury St Edmunds, castles, cathedrals and all sorts of historical sights.  My only regret was not being able to fit this sight into my itinerary.


Stonehenge holds so many mysteries. I don't even begin to think I can unlock any of them.  But I long to just be amongst the monoliths, to feel the mystic power of this historic sight.  One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment