Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book

Can you say no-brainer?  Before the bagging begins, I know that they are books written for kids.  I don't care.  I love the world of Harry Potter.  I love the storylines.  I love that good always overcomes evil.  I love the twists revealed in the final book.  I love that sometimes the good guys die.  I love JK Rowling's style of writing.  Most of all, I love that these books got a whole generation of kids reading again.

My son started to read these books when he was in grade 3.  He loves them.  I love that we have had some very intense conversations about the differences between the books and the movies.  I particularly loved the day he said to me, "Mum, the books are so much better than the movies.  You get so much more information in the books.  They make a movie in my head as I read them."  Hopefully I'll convince him in future to read the books before watching the movie of books gone to film so he will develop the movies in his own head with his own cast first.

It was a sad day when I finished the series.  Today, almost 4 years since the release of the final book, I still discover people just beginning their Potter journey.  It's a magical trip into the wizarding world and so much fun to be emerged in.  Every year I pick up Philosopher's Stone and begin the journey again.  I don't know that I will ever tire of jumping onboard the Hogwart's Express and immersing myself in Harry's magical and mystical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment