Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 6 - A photo of a person I'd love to trade places with for a day



See the girl in the front row with the plaits and the bum part.  That's me.  I'm 13 years old in this shot.  I'd like to trade places with 13 year old me for just one day. 

I'd like the opportunity to tell me about myself in the future.  I don't want to spoil the story for past me, but I'd at least like the chance to talk to me about looking after myself.  Surely just looking at what I will become would be enough to make young me think twice about the food that I put in my mouth or the lack of exercise I would do when I'm in my late teens.

I've battled weight problems since I was 18.  Before that I was stick thin, could eat anything I liked and never worry about the consequences.  I trained regularly for athletics and was constantly active - I had to be, cos I walked everywhere. 

In the 12 months from graduating high school I ballooned to twice my weight and I have worked my butt off trying to get my weight under control ever since.

That's all I want to talk to me about.  I don't want to tell me about the boyfriend who would break my heart or the wonderful man I would marry, the day my grandma passed away or the heartbreak of miscarrying a child.  They are all experiences who have shaped the person I have become.  I like that person.

I just want to tell me to look after me.  To care more about myself.  To put me first.  To give myself every opportunity to live a long and healthy life.

Oh, and I might just tell me to get a fringe and lose the bum part!

1 comment:

  1. I like this one! Just don't forget to tell her she's awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete