Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at

Finally a challenge where I haven't really had to think about what the answer would be.

I'd love to be able to swim better.  I know that's a nice simple one.  But for me it's damn near impossible.  I love the water.  I can play in the water for hours.  But ask me to swim laps and I've got absolutely nothing.  The moment I start off, my lungs start to scream, warning alarms go off in my head and panic sets in.

My very patient swim coach (read bestie) tried her hardest to get me into some rhythm.  She critiqued, she corrected and she cajoled, but I'm afraid until the head is right, the body just will not follow.  So I will just quietly keep plodding along, and who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to put together more than two laps at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment