Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 10 - A picture of the person I do the most ****ed up things with

I've got nothing!  Seriously, if you know me at all, you'd know how terribly straight-laced I am.  I'm not a risk-taker.  Ok, I get rowdy with my friends, but I'm not the one who does stupid things.  I don't like to make a dick out of myself.  Let's put it even more simply - I don't like to fail.

But when I think of the one friend who I don't mind being silly with, who I don't mind seeing some of my big failures, who has seen me at my absolute best and absolute worst (read shit-faced), here she is...

The gorgeous Tracey Towers.  We went to school together.  We knew each other, but weren't friends.  She was cool, I wasn't (although she will argue she wasn't in the popular group, but I bet she didn't count teachers in her friends list at school!)

We didn't see each other again until our kids went to pre-school together.  I didn't think she'd remember me, but she did. 

Tracey introduced us to camping.  I owe her big time for that, cos it's my favorite waste of time.  She introduced us to her husband Howie.  Our blokes hit it off (sometimes a little too well). 

We catch up only a few times a year (although more often now that Hayden is playing soccer), but those weeks at Christmas and Easter are fantastic.  We catch up on the goss, fall into easy conversation like we only saw each other yesterday, eat and drink ourselves stupid and most of all, we just have fun.  We are the karoake queens of Borumba Deer Park, we book the Rattler trip every year only to have it flooded three years running!

Tracey is one of the only people I am truly comfortable being myself with.  I can fail in front of Tracey.  She'll tell you how many times I've tried to ski and fallen.  How many total wipeouts from the tube I've had, how crap I am at backing a trailer.  And yet I don't mind.

Because by god we have fun.  I have never met a more generous, friendly, inclusive couple.  With the Towers' I feel like we're family.  But unlike family, we got to choose these guys.  And I am eternally glad that they chose us too!

Best of all, it's almost Easter, so I'm counting down the sleeps 'til our next Imbil adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment