Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 14 - a picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

There are many people I could use for this day's contribution.  My hubby who I've spent more than half my life with.  My children whom I love more than life itself.  My many friends and family members who inspire me in so many ways, bring out the best of me, accept the worst of me.

But the one constant, and the one person I miss the most when he's off exploring the world is my dad.


I can't imagine what life would be like without him at least being a phone call away.

Dad has done so much for us over the years - from being a source of income when we were a little short to providing a back yard to lob a caravan into so we could save for a house, various handyman jobs and renovations around our house, babysitting, rescuing, the list goes on...

Most of all, my dad is my hero.  He has worked hard his whole life.  He bought his own printing company when the company he was working for when into receivership.  He worked long hours for little holiday time for a long time.  Now, in retirement, he is enjoying the fruits of his labours - with long trips exploring Australia and branching into his international interests - Canada, Africa, Egypt and soon Europe.

I feel lucky that I still have my dad in my life.  I really can't imagine life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment