Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 4 - A Photo of My Night

Ok, so for those of you who follow the moon, you'd know that this photo is so not what the moon looks like tonight.  I took this one one night while out camping. 



For those of you who know me well, you would know how much I love to just gaze up at the night sky.  Maybe that's why I love camping so much - there's just so much more to see.  I've even been known to take my telescope away with me to get an even better view of the heavens.  I'll certainly be packing my star chart on my cycling trip in September too.

There aren't many nights that go by that I don't at least head out the front door and seek out "Lunar" in the night sky.  I'm not bad at picking out a few constellations as well!  This morning she was in final crescent and just peeking out from behind a dark cloud cover.  As I caught a glimpse of her, it left me just a little breathless.

So call me what you will, for me the most comforting thing about finding a known star cluster, or staring up at the moon is knowing that even if I'm away from home, there is still something familiar sharing my night with me.

And if you're separated from those you love, it's great to know they might just be looking up at the moon at the same time and thinking about me!

1 comment: